Lazard Asset Management now operates from 24 cities across 17 countries with a global staff of over 800. Our more than 300 investment personnel manage US$229.7 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
Our Marketing team engages investors and their representatives to identify investment needs and explore ways in which LAM is positioned to meet those needs. There are several departments within Marketing including: Institutional Marketing, Alternative Marketing, and Central Marketing Services.
Our hands on, 10-week internship is designed as a Summer Associate program between junior and senior year, who are interested in pursuing a career in Sales and/or Marketing. In addition to role specific training, interns also receive mentorship, engage in networking and volunteer opportunities, and benefit from employee resource groups such as LEAD, focused on the development of future leaders through training, internal mobility, and philanthropy. The summer internship concludes with a final capstone project in which interns present an innovative sales pitch or a white paper on an interesting industry topic.
Please note our program is for current juniors, class of 2023 only.
Summer Associate responsibilities:
- Work within New York’s Central Marketing team in collaboration with others who are focused on Firm, Channel, or Product Marketing efforts
- Collaborate with marketing teams around the globe
- Partner with sales to plan, build, execute, and report on marketing campaigns
- Research major trends within the industry and liaise with all parts of the business, including senior management, portfolio management, sales, and technology, to build marketing solutions to help drive business
- Conduct competitive analysis based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
Our firm is made up of motivated, intellectually curious leaders. We are looking for undergraduates with demonstrated interest in investment management, and passion for client servicing, sales support and relationship management. The inherent qualifications we look for are:
- Consistent academic achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (written and oral)
- Intellectually curious and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
Note, we will review applications on a rolling basis and aim to fill our 2022 class no later than October 31, 2021.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.