Position Open Now
Portland OR or Milwaukee WI
Landscape Designer (1-3 years of experience)
We will consider internship and other design professional experience. Just let us know what experience you have.
Learning Landscapes is a landscape architecture firm specializing in creating inspiring spaces for learning and play. We are a small firm and employees are involved in every aspect of the project from marketing to construction observation. Currently, we are seeking a dedicated, self –motivated, enthusiastic landscape designer with the skills to immediately contribute to our team. The position would be a good fit for individuals that have strong production background and are looking to grow their skills and knowledge.
Desired Abilities in Candidates
· Degree in Landscape Architecture (a requirement)
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to manage time effectively, organize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet project deadlines and deliver projects on budget
· Current working experience with AutoCAD and the ability to produce high quality construction document plans and details with a strong attention to detail
· Current working experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator)
· Excellent design capabilities
· Strong freehand and computer graphics; Sketchup and Lumion are a plus.
· A degree in landscape architecture
· An interest in play and learning spaces is a must. Experience or education in children’s landscapes is a plus, but not a requirement for the job.
· Interest in working for a small, specialized firm
The position is currently a remote position with occasional in person meetings for local projects. Ideally the candidate would live in Portland Or or Milwaukee WI. Candidates must have high speed internet, and a home workspace conducive to getting work done. We value a work life balance, and this position will average 32 hours a week. Eventually the job will require 2-3 days in office. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, education budget, health stipend, and retirement matching.
We are committed to providing equality and fairness and prohibit discrimination in employment based on an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion and belief age, gender, gender identity/expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, civil partnership, parental status, pregnancy, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, neuro-divergence, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you are interested in joining our team please send resume, references, and portfolio.