About Liberty House
Liberty House is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting children and families facing concerns of abuse, neglect, trauma, and grief since 1999. Our successes lead to vital positive social change and we are looking for a highly organized, energetic, and passionate person to join our team. Visit www.libertyhousecenter.org to learn more about Liberty House.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) assists the Chief Executive Officer by providing leadership and financial oversight to Liberty House and all of its programs. Specifically, the CFO is responsible for effective and efficient operation of financial systems and controls, administrative systems, Board of Directors support and execution of the Liberty House Strategic Plan. The CFO works closely with the CEO to monitor the internal and external environment and ensure the organization meets all accreditation criteria, and maintains fiscal sustainability. The CFO may also oversee grant writing and grant reporting.
• On behalf of the CEO, oversee all Liberty House financial systems and budgetary management
o Fiscal/financial performance
o Utilize QuickBooks for Nonprofits, Bloomerang and all financial systems of Liberty House;
develop recommendations for system improvements as needed
o With the CAO, oversee payroll processing and accuracy through payroll company
o Ensure financial controls and fraud prevention systems are implemented and up to current
o Generate periodic financial reports for Board of Directors, Finance Committee meetings,
department directors and the CEO
o In collaboration with department leaders, prepare budgets in a collaborative manner
o Provide investment recommendations and/or initiate investment activities based on Finance
o Ensure quarterly tax reports, payments, and annual tax returns (Form 990 and CT-12) are timely
o Analyze available data and financial reports and make recommendations for improving Liberty
House’s financial sustainability
o Work with auditors and the finance team to ensure a smooth and effective annual audit
o Review and approve all purchase orders prior to payment
o Oversee the work of the contracted grant writer to ensure alignment with the annual budget
o Complete and submit federal, state and foundation grant reports; ensure additional data is compiled by appropriate team members
o Work with CEO to ensure major vendor and professional contracts meet expectations.
o Provide supervision and support for the Accounting Specialist
o Fulfill and support National Children’s Alliance accreditation objectives
o Risk management
o Support Community Engagement with fundraising/resource development objectives
o Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee; assist with supporting Board of Directors as needed and as directed by the CEO
o Provide support to the CEO on special projects as needed
o Exercise decision-making authority under the direction of the CEO
o Support positive relations with funders, vendors and partners
o Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, a Masters” degree is preferred or Certified Public Accountant also preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience required
• At least five years’ managerial experience
• Experience in public or nonprofit finance required
• Experience with State and/or Federal grant management preferred
• Possess thorough knowledge of cost reporting requirements of the agency’s programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• High productivity: able to manage a complex workload with multiple projects.
• Excellent project management skills including project development, planning, and execution.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Trustworthy with high integrity.
• Ability to think analytically and suggest new approaches to problems.
• Develop and maintain collegial working relationships with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team.
• Calm, professional demeanor; able to relate effectively with all Liberty House staff.
• Display leadership in reaction to stressful situations involving conflict and resolve them productively.
Effective October 18th, 2021 Liberty House will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Please email a cover letter, application, and resume to: HR@libertyhousecenter.org
Attention: Shirlee Sitton, Chief Administrative Officer.
Open until filled.
Liberty House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.