Liberty Mutual is beyond proud to be one of the largest private safety organizations in the United States—thanks in part to our team of risk control professionals.
If you have a knack for solving problems and seek a rewarding opportunity with a global Fortune 100 company, join us in helping our customers reduce risk, minimize costs, and stay safe.
Every day, our Risk Engineers are out in the field to ensure that people and businesses stay safe.
As a Risk Engineering Intern, you’ll develop critical knowledge about the commercial insurance business through the lens of risk management.
Among your tasks, you’ll learn the basics of engineering codes and standards and accompany Field Engineers on site visits to perform property and fire inspections.
Best of all, at the close of the summer internship, you may have the opportunity to explore a future career with Liberty Mutual, one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the country.
What you’ve got
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Occupational Safety, Fire Safety, Business, or related field with at least one semester remaining following the Summer 2022 with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience.
- You possess solid written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- You have a knack for research, evaluation, and analysis.
- You’re able to work independently on projects with limited supervision
- You are able to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks from June to August.
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. By providing protection for the unexpected and delivering it with care, we help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, today we are the sixth largest global property and casualty insurer based on 2019 gross written premium. We also rank 77th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2019 revenue. As of December 31, 2019, we had $43.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
We employ over 45,000 people in 29 countries and economies around the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, specialty lines, reinsurance, commercial multiple-peril, workers compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, surety, and commercial property.
For more information, visit www.libertymutualinsurance.com.