Looking for a career with a great Company? Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions has a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a dynamic Embedded Software Engineer to add to our team LWS!
Qualified candidates must have had experience in product design, specifically. an outstanding work ethic, be self-motivated and have a “can do/get it done” teamwork and positive attitude. The ideal candidate for this role will have embedded engineering experience with knowledge and experience with hardware, firmware and software platforms. Competitive wages and benefits! Great team! Great culture and benefits!
Employer Matched 401 k! Sick and Vacation! Health benefits! (Vision, medical, dental, disability and life insurance)
Founded in 1982, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters. Lighthouse offers the most complete line of contamination monitoring solutions available that include Airborne Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers and Liquid Particle Counters, as well as Temperature / Humidity sensors. These solutions are now found in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, data storage, biotechnology, aerospace and defense industry plants worldwide.
About the Job: This position is responsible for applying knowledge of engineering principles to design, develop and tests all aspects of electrical components and systems. Will use computer-assisted engineering design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. May be involved with activities of fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of electrical or electromechanical products and systems. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision and follows instructions and pre-established guidelines as defined by their supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Design, develop, build, and test high quality embedded code
– Board bring-up with initial test firmware to test all circuits
– Design and develop around MCUs and ARM processors
– Conducts fabrication and testing of prototype systems, and documents design modifications as required.
– Collaborate with multi-discipline engineering teams to design and develop new boards and/or products
– Uses engineering methodology and procedures to apply principles to design and development project per company SOP.
– Inspects completed installations and observes operation in order to:
o ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications
o meet compliance with operational and safety standards
– The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
– Other general duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
– B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science and 4 years of experience in a related field; or equivalent
– Strong knowledge of C/C++ in embedded application and other object-oriented language(s)
– Experience using version control tools such as Git
– Ability to read, understand, and modify board schematics and system diagrams
– Must have a great “can do” attitude
– Outstanding problem-solving resolution and attention to detail, willing to lead by example
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Outstanding work ethic, organizational and multi-tasking skills
– Takes initiative and works well independently
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
– Embedded experience with embedded hardware and firmware
– Experience working with software teams to develop communication protocols
– Experience with full-stack web development framework (i.e., MEAN stack)
– Embedded Linux
– Experience with Microchip MCU and ARM processors
– Experience with digital sensors
– Experience with motor control implementations
EEO Statement: Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or disability status.
CANDIDATES SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SCREENING