The Long Tom Watershed Council is a Eugene-area nonprofit looking to hire a Drafting Assistant to join our incredible team of staff. The Drafting Assistant will provide support for the Council’s Urban Waters & Wildlife Program by drafting green stormwater infrastructure and stormwater retrofit projects using AutoCAD and performing site visits to gather site information. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the ideals of the Council’s mission and will be experienced with drafting in AutoCAD.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Gather site information including elevations using a transit
- Drafting in AutoCAD from developing site plans based on gathered site information, through to developing final construction document set
- Communicate and coordinate with program and Council staff
- proficiency in AutoCAD
- proven organization & attention to detail
- strong communication and writing skills
- ability to listen and collaborate, take and follow directions and feedback
- two years of professional drafting experience or similar
- grant and/or technical report writing experience
- understanding of stormwater management best management practices and Integrated Pest Management strategies
- comfortable with ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite.
- AutoCAD drafting experience in a professional setting
- comfort with a collaborative, iterative design process
- proficiency in computer software such as Word & Excel.
Starting compensation ranges between $20 – $22/hour DOE and includes a generous benefits package (health/dental/vision + PTO + retirement match + short-term disability)
DEADLINE TO APPLY is September 17 at midnight. Please visit out our website for the full position announcement and application instructions: https://www.longtom.org/drafting-assistant-job/