Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Analytical Chemist at their Bend, OR location. The Analytical Chemist uses an understanding of chemistry and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) to conduct analysis of raw materials, in-process items and finished product in a cGMP lab in order to support dosage form development, clinical and commercial manufacturing. This position is an entry to intermediate level chemist and does documentation work as well as project support work cross-functionally.
- Testing for release and stability of raw materials and/or finished product intermediates and/or finished products
- Perform basic and intermediate laboratory operations
- Validate and/or transfer analytical methods with supervision
- Operate analytical instrumentation
- Notebook documentation and review
- Write and review Bend Test Procedures and SOPs under supervision
- Perform basic training for new chemists
- Sampling and testing of cleaning samples
- Support Subject Matter Expert on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a scientific related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in a related field is preferred
- GMP Experience is preferred
- Proficient on HPLC, Karl Fisher, dissolution, and other related lab technologies is preferred
- Must be able to work 4/10’s. Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. and occasional weekends/hours if needed