We are looking for a Legal Assistant to partner with paralegals and attorneys to support the legal operations of our firm and US retail investment products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide administrative support in a complex team environment
- Coordinate senior-level internal/external meetings and conference calls and interact with high level business leaders in a professional and effective manner
- Participate in general administrative duties, committees and/or group events
- Assist paralegals and attorneys with various regulatory filings via EDGAR with the SEC and preparation of mutual fund board materials
- Scanning and file maintenance and recordkeeping of various fund and company organizational documents
- Review reports related to various legal and regulatory matters
- Maintain and update several department data/resource lists
- Work with various departments to maintain the work-flow processing of outside counsel/vendor bills
- Assist with requests for information from various departments and sources
- Create and revise PowerPoint Presentations.
- Work on special projects on an ad hoc basis
You’ll need to have:
- Previous legal assistant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Must have excellent judgment, independent thinker and resourceful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager serving clients worldwide. Our purpose—securing a sustainable future for our clients, our people, and our world—fuels everything we do. Our clients trust us to manage approximately $250 billion in assets across a diverse set of investment strategies and vehicles. Inspired by our “dream big, work hard, have fun” principle, our people thrive in our vibrant culture and deliver lasting impact to our clients and communities. We are honored to have earned recognition as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management by Pensions & Investments and scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, a measure of LGBTQ+ workplace equality.