Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is seeking early-career or second-career self-starters who are self-motivated with some technical aptitude and an interest in a Network and Telecomm Customer Support role. You will participate in our Ops Academy which is a robust 6-week training program to jump-start and enable your success in this role. This rigorous program is designed to develop tech-savvy and customer focused individuals in the areas of network operations, IP, and customer care where you will learn about our technology, networks, products, processes, and customer service best practices. The Customer Care Specialist II is an entry level position that involves providing general written and verbal customer support for both internal and external Lumen customers with single contact resolution.
The Main Responsibilities
• Address internal and external customer’s basic to more complex questions such as billing inquires, order status, and validate sercices and dependencies of order requests
• Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Order Entry, CCMs, Account Team, Billing and Provisioning to provide best customer expierence
• Utilize current systems to properly authenticate customer
• Solve complex customer issues by using provided systems and resources
• Provide technical support and navigation assistance of Lumen’s customer portal
• Validate customer request type to create Move Add Change order requests for customer
• And other duties as assigned
• Identify system inconsistencies and make recommendation on fixes or improvements
Behavioral & Technical:
• Provide best in class customer experience utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills focused on resolving the customer’s concern at 1st point of contact
• Identify and document root cause of customer’s issue using active listening and strategic questions
• Provide recommendations related to process improvement or opportunities
• Subject matter expert to peers
• Ability to interact professionally with peer departments and leverage them to improve customer experience
What We Look For in a Candidate
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of contact center expierence
• Strong computer skills with MS Office experience and the ability to navigate multiple systems at once
• Strong written/verbal communication experience
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Knowledge of telecommunications/technology industry
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 257760
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.