Lynker Technologies, LLC seeks a Geospatial Analyst II to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Office for Coastal Management (OCM) by performing processing, quality assurance, documentation, and management of remote sensing and geospatial data and services. This position will be located in Chanhassen, MN at the North Central National Weather Service Office. The successful candidate will work with OCM’s Great Lakes Regional Lead and Great Lakes Regional Geospatial Coordinator assisting in the development and implementation of regional activities, providing geospatial analysis and direct technical assistance to partners in the region, and supporting other GIS and remote sensing projects. Activities will include land cover mapping, lidar processing, digital elevation model production, and other geospatial support tasks.
Note: This position is a 2-year funded contract position (with a potential to be extended).
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand partner needs and requirements to inform the development of NOAA OCM products and services, as they relate to the Great Lakes region
- Support product development as expressed by regional partners and leads, including NOAA Coastal Change Analysis Program (C-CAP) land cover data and trend information; lake level visualization tools; topographic and bathymetric data; Digital Coast; and the creation and analysis of geospatial data and maps
- Respond to geospatial technical assistance requests, including requests originating from underserved and at risk coastal demographics throughout the Great Lakes region. This will require high touch service and coordination across team members in order to share information with other technical staff members who may wish to learn from these types of engagements/technical service opportunities outside the region
- Support the development of regionally focused case studies and stories from the field highlighting the use of NOAA data, tools, or training to address specific coastal management outcomes
- Develop contextual maps, e.g. ESRI’s story maps, that will be hosted on the Digital Coast or partner’s websites
- Monitor relevant regional work groups. This includes assisting with coordination of state and federal mapping and application efforts; geospatial tool development, information, and regional data coordination work; and providing technical assistance
- Complete tasks in the region with a focus on Great Lakes Restoration Initiative funded projects that help coastal states and communities make informed decisions for the use of their lands and waters
- Provide technical support to partners in coordination with other National Ocean Service and NOAA regional programs in the Great Lakes including the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS), Office of Coast Survey (OCS), National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS), and Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL)
- Provide technical assessment of geospatial specifications and provide information to federal staff for several regionally focused federal funding opportunities, including Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, National Coastal Resilience Fund, and other Great Lakes focused project reviews
- Assist with Coastal Geospatial Services Contract (CGSC) task orders as needed to support regional geospatial initiatives, especially those that relate to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and other regional tasks and
- Assist in delivery of regional Digital Coast training academy related offerings.
- Regular travel throughout the region may be required as well as to Charleston, South Carolina, and Silver Spring, Maryland. (up to 10% time)
- Master’s degree in geography, remote sensing, GIS, or related field OR a Bachelor’s degree with six plus years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in geospatial analysis of coastal, ocean, and Great Lakes information and geographies
- Familiarity working with both raster and vector based datasets on desktop and web -based platforms
- Technical skills and experience with geospatial analysis software including ERDAS, ESRI ArcGIS, eCognition, Global Mapper, QGIS or similar
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team environment and independently without direct day-to-day, on-site supervision
- Ability to understand coastal management and coastal hazard issues and use geospatial technologies to help develop solutions to address them using internal best practices and collaboration with colleagues
- Strong communication, organizational, and geospatial skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with management, colleagues, and external partners and
- Experience in development and analysis of land cover data, geospatial imagery, and/or elevation data.
- Knowledge of coastal and marine programs in the Great Lakes region and within NOAA
- Experience working with state, regional, or national geospatial organizations and professional associations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills
- Experience working with state and federal agencies, tribes, academia, and nongovernmental organizations
- Familiarity with geospatial metadata standards including ISO and FGDC.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.