For spring and summer 2021, we are hoping for an individual who speaks Spanish.
Internship: The Wish Department at the Portland office is searching for an intern. This unpaid internship opportunity will enhance the student’s project management, administrative and communication skills, which can be utilized in future for-profit or non-profit work experiences. This internship may count for college credit as the university or college allows.
- Assist the Wish Department with the planning and coordinating of wishes, including research, budgets and creating itineraries.
- Work directly with three Wish Managers and support their day-to-day needs.
- Communicate effectively with Wish Department, staff, volunteers, wish families and Make-A-Wish supporters.
- Purchase and/or solicit donations for wishes and/or to fill department’s Wish Enhancement inventory.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Junior or Senior undergraduate student, or recent graduate, with an interest in non-profits.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; proven writing experience a plus.
- Ability to work within deadlines and in a professional manner.
- Experience with the Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Must have personal transportation to and from the Portland office
- Willing to complete background check and sign confidentiality agreement.
Availability: 15 – 20 hours per week for 12 weeks (Requirement: minimum 200 hours)
- Schedule can be flexible depending on student’s academic schedule, but student must be available during normal office hours.
- Request that student must be available to be in the office on Wednesday mornings for weekly Wish Department meetings.
- Three to five days per week, depending on schedule and school requirements.