We’re seeking a full time, Housekeeping Supervisor to provide services, training and supervision for a self-directed team that through their combined efforts provides extraordinary housekeeping, cleaning and laundry services to the residents, guests and employees of The Mather. This position requires the supervisor to be hands on with task and responsibilities throughout the department, which includes cleaning as needed. This position ensures a clean and safe environment is maintained for all according to regulations and quality standards. The housekeeping supervisor will coordinate housekeeping, cleaning and laundry services, schedules and daily responsibilities. We have an opportunity for a full-time position with a Sunday – Thursday schedule. Must be able to work other days as needed.
- Ensures consistent service and cleanliness throughout the community
- Promptly and professionally responds to resident requests
- Assists in training for all Housekeeping and Laundry staff
- Conducts inspections of all assigned areas, ensuring cleaning services are up to quality standards
- Organizes and assigns daily work flow to Housekeeping and Laundry staff
- Maintains and orders cleaning supplies and linens, ensuring proper inventory is kept at all times
- Handles administrative computer task; must have computer skills
- Assists with pick up and delivery of linens and laundry
- As needed, performs duties of Housekeeping and Laundry staff
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
Required: High school degree or equivalent; previous housekeeping and floor care experience; effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and interpret written instructions on work-related documents; knowledgeable of safety precautions and biohazard considerations; basic computer skills, including MS Office and Outlook.
Preferred: Previous supervisory experience; experience with WorxHub or similar work order software; experience with older adult population.
About The Mather:
The Mather is a Life Plan Community for those age 62 and better. Our staff of professionals is committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. The Mather is in Evanston, Illinois, close to downtown and public transportation. The Mather includes 240 independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehabilitation services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, gardens, and more.
The Mather is located at 425 Davis Street in Evanston.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All employees are eligible for:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Mather
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mather is a drug-free workplace.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state “Refer to resume.”