The IT Service Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Fields simple issues and requests from end users via telephone, web system or e-mail in a timely and courteous manner.
· Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Analyzes and performs problem solving and resolution on simple issues.
· Escalates problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Performs preventative actions and maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
· Documents all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue and the resolution.
· Assists with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
· Orders computer supplies.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
· 3+ years of previous IT technical service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
· High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
· Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
· Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
· Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
· Ability to work overtime as necessary