Maul Foster Alongi (MFA) is searching for a Staff Geologist in our Vancouver, WA office. As a Staff Geologist you will work with our seasoned environmental professionals to deliver efficient data collection, interpretation, and decision-making to help our clients move forward on projects that improve our communities. You will be conducting field investigations, drilling, and monitoring well installations, multimedia sampling, data analysis & management and report preparation. You will also be involved in all aspects of the project execution including work plan and field work preparations, subcontractor coordination, field activities and documentation, report and proposal writing, and cost estimating.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- Working knowledge of geology earned through experience or education (e.g., bachelor’s degree in geology or a related field.)
- Ability to develop sound, persuasive, and logical technical arguments supported by facts and data.
- Familiarity with environmental field data collection methods.
- Ability to work both independently with little guidance and within a collaborative group environment.
- Able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, verbally and in writing.
- Dedication to client deadlines and willingness to work to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
MFA is an engineering and environmental company improving our communities through our work with our clients. We are employee-owned and employee-minded. Come join MFA for the benefits to your career, the benefits to your community and also our benefits package:
- 100% premium coverage for your medical/dental/vision and 80% for your dependents
- Competitive paid time off plus nine paid holidays
- Comp time program for exempt employees
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k company match
- Support for your professional growth through coaching and external training support
MFA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.