McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a skilled Principal Engineer to own the transformation and ongoing evolution of our Point of Sale (POS) and Restaurant
In this strategy and transformation focused role, you will partner with our Product Management and Architecture teams to define and lead all aspects of execution of the forward-looking vision of McDonald’s POS and Restaurant Technologies and the high-value transformation initiatives that will fuel our journey. Additionally, you will be the primary owner of our relationship with our 3rd party engineering vendors.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald’s!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software
- As a software development engineer, you will play a pivotal role in development of product features from beginning to end.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most meaningful priorities.
Why We’ll Hire You:
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- · Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a phenomenal customer experience.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s Corporation and McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Company”) are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact US-UniversityRecruiting@us.mcd.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.