About the Role
MedSchoolCoach is seeking three additional full-time team members for our MCAT Division! We are looking for individuals who are bright, dynamic and engaging, preferably with teaching or tutoring experience (TA experience is great!). As an MCAT team member, you will work with the Director of MCAT and the MCAT team to deliver the best learning experience for our students and/or develop industry-leading practice and preparation products. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about science and education and want to help students as they prepare for the exam. There are three positions available and each will play a collaborative role in growing our MCAT division.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet virtually with students one-on-one to assist with content, strategy, and overall preparation for the MCAT
- Create and edit MCAT passages and questions with comprehensive rationales
- Generate MCAT content that reflects existing standards and current scientific research
- Apply knowledge that reflects the MCAT format and standardized examination practices for generation of test items
- Collaborate with management and team members to ensure goals are met
In addition, each position will have a unique focus:
- MCAT Content Specialist: The MCAT Content Specialist will assist with the planning, development, completion, and maintenance of our MCAT content products (e.g., full-length practice exams, MCAT video lessons).
- MCAT Tutor Specialist: The MCAT Tutor Specialist will assist with the recruitment, training, management, and professional development of the tutoring staff.
- MCAT Client Services Specialist: The MCAT Client Services Specialist will work to ensure student satisfaction and help to resolve any clients issues and concerns as they arise.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work the schedule that fits best in your life and provides growth potential and longevity, these are great roles for you to explore.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in the requisite field is preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
- Previous experience tutoring/teaching the MCAT or developing practice materials for the MCAT is strongly preferred.
- Must have sat for or studied for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) within the past three years
- Passion for education and learning
- Strong writing skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
- Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly, brainstorm, and collaborate in a team setting
- Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
- Ability to write high-quality MCAT passages, questions, and rationales
MedSchoolCoach is a rapidly growing EdTech company that serves the needs of future physicians by providing the highest quality content, tutoring, and advising services. Physician-led and founded, MedSchoolCoach is driven by its mission to help shape the future of medicine. Over time, the organization has become one of the largest players in the medical space, reaching nearly 50% of prospective medical students every year through one of our products or services.
As an organization, MedSchoolCoach stays true to its humble roots while continuing to scale adding more products and services on a continuing basis. MedSchoolCoach was recently named to Inc Magazine’s Inc 5000 list with an overall ranking of 953 and was designated as the 17th fastest growing education company in the United States. We are grounded in our desire to offer prospective doctors with the tools they need to succeed while providing an exceptional learning and mentoring experience. Our vision is to create the most engaging and effective EdTech platform supported by world class physicians and educators for students from all walks of life.
Working for MedSchoolCoach
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, educators, tutors, advisors, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At MedSchoolCoach, we value problem solvers who take initiative, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally. We welcome all employee contributions in whatever shape or form they manifest, especially as our organization continues to grow.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation ($50,000 annually) w/ significant growth potential
- Open PTO policy
- Insurance benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Fun team events (virtual and, eventually, in person)
- Flexible schedule—we expect greatness, but will not micromanage your day