MedX of Estes is a fitness and physical therapy clinic that is looking for hard-working exercise science students that are interested in physical therapy, personal training, occupational therapy, and other careers in the fitness realm. We are located in beautiful Estes Park, CO, known as “The Gateway to the Rockies”.
Some responsibilities of the interns will include:
- Working directly with clients in both a fitness and physical therapy realm
- Learning how to run the day-to-day operations of a fitness facility
- Developing exercise prescriptions for clientele
- Leading group exercise classes
***Internship is unpaid, but free housing is provided!
- Interns should be currently enrolled in an accredited university program pursuing a bachelors degree in an exercise science related field, or recently graduated.
- Interns receiving credit hours for the internship will be given priority.
- Interns should have basic core knowledge of exercise science content such as exercise physiology, anatomy and exercise prescription.
- Internships last an entire semester in duration, commonly 14-17 weeks. Interns are expected to stay the duration of the scheduled internship.
- Interns need to send a completed intern application with a cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation.
- Interns are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Internships are occasionally available on short notice due to possible unfilled positions or other extenuating circumstances. Please call about availability if wishing to apply past the dates listed above.
- Interns should have current CPR and First Aid certifications that last through the scheduled internship dates. Attach a copy of current certifications with the intern application.
- Interns need to provide all pertinent college internship information to the MedX of Estes internship supervisor.
- Interns need to carry liability insurance. Often, interns are covered under university programs as a registered student. Contact the university internship supervisor about details of liability coverage.
- Interns need to be friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic about working with people. Interns must possess good human relation and communication skills and be capable of maintaining a mature professional relationship with clients and staff of various ages.
To apply or for more information, please visit our website at
Under the “Requirements” page, you can find all of the information you need on how to apply.
If you have any questions, please email us at