MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at www.mksinst.com.
As MKS is a federal contractor, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof of same by start date as conditions of employment, except where an exemption (due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) has been approved by MKS.
Software Engineering Graduate Intern
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineering Graduate Intern who can…
- Develop embedded software with mentorship from senior Software Engineers. Focus will be support of existing and new MKS pressure control valves used in semiconductor manufacturing & other vacuum applications.
- Work with the Hardware and Controls Engineering staff to develop innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Troubleshoot issues at the hardware and system level.
- Perform tests and develop test automation scripts to validate firmware and system-level control valve functionality and features. Collect and analyze the data and document the procedures and results.
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity?
- Candidate for M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in embedded software development with a working knowledge of C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity with a PC-based development environment, as well as in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other equipment for embedded systems development
- Understanding of 16/32-bit microprocessors and/or DSPs with multiple peripherals and communication interfaces
- Basic ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Experience with feedback control systems and PID tuning is a plus
- Experience with SPI, I2C, ADC and motor control is a plus
- Good communication skills and a “hands on” approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and strong sense of ownership and desire for excellence
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.