This is not work experience, this is an opportunity to experience work.
An Intern is an investment in Moog’s future. The intern relationship provides a three-way benefit between the student, university, and Moog. It is an opportunity for the student to incorporate classroom learning into professional, real world situations. The student brings new ideas to Moog on how to tackle projects and challenges, while Moog benefits from fresh perspectives from the brightest students in their respective fields of study. By having the students work on actual programs, we also work towards solving our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
Moog’s Corporate Group, in the Buffalo, NY area, is seeking IT and Computer Science students for Spring Internships & Co-Ops!
As part of the Moog U.S. Internship Program, this position provides strategic and tactical support to programmers, analysts, project leaders, and end-users on application development. Information Technology (IT) work is carried out in support of Moog’s engineering, manufacturing, business, and e-business activities.
The student will contribute to their respective departments with the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a variety of tasks.
The student will work on discipline-focused projects and tasks to enhance their collegiate learning experience, while providing meaningful contributions to the Moog IT Team(s).
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of key IT projects at Moog.
- Provide input on project processes, strategies, and execution.
- Operate as a multidisciplinary member of the team of creative, independent individuals.
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical and professional reputation.
- Work experience may include (but is not limited to) database administration, network administration, configuration management, SharePoint Administration, and operations.
- Application development activities could include research, requirements definition, analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation.
- The student may also be given opportunities to explore newer technologies or apply course training at Moog.
- Enrollment in Bachelor’s or Master’s curriculum in Information Technology, or Computer Science, from an accredited university.
- GPA of at least 3.0; exact GPA requirement will be specified by department.
- United States Citizenship, or the legal ability to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
- This position requires access to U.S. export-controlled information.
- Due to the current and changing COVID-19 restrictions, relocation may not be possible for certain assignments.
Students within the Moog U.S. Internship Program are expected to have a professional disposition, effective communication skills, a strong desire to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
*Please note this requisition is for sourcing purposes and will be used to fill individual openings as they become available.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity