About this Job
Graduates with linguistics majors AND minors are welcome to apply, but we will consider applicants from all walks of life as well. Experience in IT (Information Technology) would be extremely relevant for this role.
The job requires an authorization to work in the United States. Regrettably, we do not sponsor work visas and do not accept OPT.
The position is fully remote and part-time: 20 hours a week… maybe more by mutual agreement.
To a large extent, the work is flex time: there are some meetings and trainings, but the work itself can be done at any time. Many meetings and trainings are recorded and can be viewed whenever is convenient for you. That said, moderate availability on Slack during normal business hours (Pacific Standard Time) is required.
Below are some of the data annotation tasks for which we are currently hiring:
- Giving human feedback to MT (machine translation) algorithms
- Evaluating and commenting on the accuracy of language detection machine learning algorithms
- Entity annotation
- Relevance evaluation
- Intent categorization using a complex, multi-dimensional taxonomy of intents
- Translation (bi-directional)
Language proficiency: full fluency in English and Italiano are required. Translation experience is a big plus.
Some of the attributes of successful candidates are:
- Superior attention to detail
- An rigorous analytical mindset
- Sound judgment and a desire to contribute to evolving annotation guidelines
- The ability to form and apply mental models consistently
- Accuracy at speed
- Reliable performance on repetitive tasks – we like to think of our tasks as non-boring and repetitive 🙂
We look forward to reviewing your resumes and cover letters!
Moveworks.ai is a Series C top-tier funded startup that is building an AI platform that will resolve Enterprise IT needs instantly and autonomously.