Manages the concierge, entrance and manager on duty staff and functions in compliance with club rules, policies and procedures. Ensures excellent customer service and a welcoming, safe, and secure environment at all entrances and the concierge. Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates front line employees in these areas. Exercises judgment in the interpretation of Club Rules and other club policies to resolve problems and provide information. Position requires significant interaction with members, guests and employees in all departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Supervision and personnel management
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of entrance attendants and concierge staff.
- Initiates personnel actions including hiring, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination.
- Trains, cross-trains and orients entrance attendants, concierge, and managers on duty to ensure that employees understand the policies, procedures, expectations, and parameters of their positions.
- Creates and manages schedules to ensure adequate staffing for all shifts consistent with annual labor budget.
- Observes service behaviors of subordinates and provides feedback to individual employees and teams; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Conducts timely and measurable performance reviews for entrance attendants, concierge, and managers on duty.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with entrance attendants, concierge, and managers on duty.
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings with supervisor and lead staff.
- Reviews and approves time-reporting data for payroll accuracy.
- Ensures that subordinates complete mandatory club trainings.
- Uses recognition and rewards to reinforce performance standards and club values.
- Enforces appropriate attire and grooming standards for subordinates.
- Models a positive attitude about the club, its members, programs, and services in all interactions.
- Supports and maintains service delivery standards to ensure premier service to members, guests and employees.
- Responds promptly and professionally to complaints or problems.
- Uses good judgment and common sense to resolve issues.
- Communicates Club Rules to members, guests, and employees; ensures that Club Rules are consistently understood and enforced at the entrances.
- Reviews member and employee suggestions, ideas, and complaints; incorporates feedback to continuously improve service.
- Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships with other club departments and security contractors to provide accurate information and excellent service to members and guests.
- Receives and distributes e-mail messages, daily schedules and other club communications to the entrance, concierge, and managers on duty staff.
- Documents major Club Rules violations, safety violations or security concerns according to club procedures.
- Informs Member Services Manager about issues related to service, personnel, communications, and resources.
- Creates and maintains policies and procedure manuals as a resource for the entrances, concierge, and managers on duty.
Planning and leadership
- Establishes and achieves an annual action plan to assist Member Services Manager in meeting strategic goals. Works closely with Member Services Manager to establish and maintain cohesive, consistent, and positive leadership in the department. Recommends or initiates change to policies, procedures, and systems to improve member satisfaction and club efficiency.
- Supports, adopts, and promotes club goals, policies, operating procedures and standards; leads by example.
- Represents Member Services in general staff meetings and other meetings with club management. Coordinates and participates in regular department meetings.
Safety and Security
- Understands and carries out emergency procedures for entrances, concierge, and managers on duty; trains and constantly tests subordinates on emergency procedures.
- Complies with all club safety policies and procedures demonstrating safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe or hazardous work conditions.
- Reports all workplace accidents and illnesses through the online form. Establishes a strong working relationship with the managers on duty to ensure proper safety and security procedures at entrances and immediate areas.
- Debriefs entrance, concierge, and managers on duty staff after emergencies; shares information with Risk Management Manger and Safety Committee to improve response.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating budget for Member Services department.
- Monitors labor expenses throughout the fiscal year and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Alerts the Member Services Manager and Controller of significant, unanticipated variances to budget.
Terrace Ticket Administration
- Responsible for promotion, communication, member billing, expense tracking, and reporting for all events in Providence Park that require tickets (e.g., Timbers and Thorns soccer, PSU football, high school playoffs, concerts, etc.).
- Schedules and trains employees to cover staffing needs at each event.
- Works closely with Concierge on ticket production and sales.
- Works with members and other departments to resolve problems.
- Works closely with Controller to ensure timely and accurate accounting of revenue and expenses.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Complies with and enforces all Club safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe or hazardous work conditions. Reports all workplace injuries and illnesses to Member Services Director and Human Resources.
Performs other duties as assigned by Member Services Director.
ESSENTIAL TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, AND/OR MACHINERY
Essential job functions require the use of telephone, computer, club software, voice and electronic paging equipment, photo I.D. equipment, and other general office equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Essential job functions considerable sitting, standing, walking, talking, and keyboarding. Willing and able to frequently work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- College degree required.
- At least two years of demonstrated manager experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and demonstrated ability in training front line customer service employees.
- Exceptional decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills – professional, tactful, discreet, personable, and service-oriented.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in enhancing staff development, promoting teamwork, and improving the quality of service delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, develop, and motivate staff and build cohesive work teams.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Ability to learn new software applications quickly and effectively.
COVID-19 considerations: Your health and safety are a top priority at the MAC. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we have implemented specific precautionary measures and processes for employees. Additionally, all members, guests & staff are required to wear face masks and to maintain appropriate physical distancing where possible. Beginning October 1, 2021, all MAC employees must be fully vaccinated or have been approved for a legal exception. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks following receiving the second dose of a two-dose or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination or securing a documented and approved medical or religious exception.