The Multnomah Athletic club has a rich history of excellence in Portland and its 130 year history makes it a cornerstone organization of the city. The Club is owned and governed by a membership of 22,000 and operated by staff in our beautiful downtown clubhouse comprising of 600,000 square feet of athletic and social spaces. Our mission to enrich lives, foster friendships and build upon traditions of excellence in athletic, wellness and social programs is at the heart of what we do. Our staff team embodies our mission and looks for ways to partner with members and collaboratively work together to see that mission come to life.
Under general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor and Lifeguard Coordinators, MAC lifeguards ensure the safety of members & guests using the aquatic facilities by actively preventing and responding to emergencies. Our members and guests rely on our lifeguards to provide safety and security and are key players in our service oriented team. To be successful in this position, you must have the ability to take charge and keep calm in potential emergency situations. MAC lifeguards are expected to monitor pool decks for cleanliness and immediately notify housekeeping or maintenance of any concerns or requests for clean up. Lifeguards are expected to engage with members, guests and staff to provide a premium level experience during every visit.
- Maintains constant surveillance of members and guests who are using the aquatic facilities; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members & guests in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Attends weekly, monthly or quarterly team meetings as assigned or needed
- Regularly promotes activities and programs and be knowledgeable of all programming, upcoming activities and special events.
- Current Lifeguard – CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (training opportunities available)
- Strong background and experience in customer service
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit a high degree of competence in supporting the guest experience
- Ability to command attention, project voice and speak clearly to groups of people of all ages
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling needs and have availability especially during early mornings, evenings, and weekends.