The Multnomah Athletic Club has a rich story of excellence in Portland, and its 130-year history makes it a cornerstone organization of the city. The club is owned and governed by a membership of 22,000 and operated by staff in a beautiful downtown clubhouse with 600,000 square feet of athletic and social spaces. MAC’s mission is to enrich lives, foster friendships, and build upon traditions of excellence in athletic, wellness, and social programs. The staff team embodies this mission and looks for ways to partner with members and work collaboratively to bring it to life.
Properly greets, seats members and their guests. Assists other restaurant staff with ensuring members and their guests receive prompt, attentive, courteous, and efficient service while dining in the club’s restaurants. This position is part-time, working less than 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greets and seats guests. Speaks to all departing guests extending thanks and concern for their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Takes reservations.
- Arrives at work in time to be on the floor for scheduled shift in complete uniform.
- Completes all necessary side work and opening duties.
- Conducts closing functions.
- Demonstrates consistent and punctual attendance for daily shift meetings.
- Ensures all timing standards are met either by accomplishing them personally or insuring that another member of the service team accomplishes them.
- Properly uses the point-of-sale system.
- Engages in cleaning projects as assigned or necessary.
- Maintains and correctly handles restaurant supplies (eg. menus) so that unnecessary wear and tear, breakage, and waste does not occur.
- Immediately requests management’s assistance as necessary for a service or food related problem.
- Inspects the dining room and directs a server assistant to change the table linen or set a table as necessary.
- Complies with all Club safety policies and procedures demonstrating safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe or hazardous work conditions. Reports all workplace injuries and illnesses to supervisor.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Assists servers as needed.
Assists cleaning tables as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Essential job functions require consistent standing, walking, and talking. Must be willing and able to work all shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Restaurant hosting experience preferred though not required.
- Possession of a valid food handlers and OLCC permit.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer/guest service.
- Ability to interact with members and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Proficiency with OpenTable software a plus.
COVID-19 considerations: Your health and safety are a top priority at the MAC. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we have implemented specific precautionary measures and processes for employees. Additionally, all members, guests & staff are required to wear face masks and to maintain appropriate physical distancing where possible. Beginning October 1, 2021, all MAC employees must be fully vaccinated or have been approved for a legal exception. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks following receiving the second dose of a two-dose or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination or securing a documented and approved medical or religious exception.
The Multnomah Athletic Club is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.