Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Learning opportunities for interns include increased knowledge of marine science topics, marine conservation issues, curriculum design, activity development and implementation, teaching, and classroom management skills.
These are unpaid positions with flexible schedules based on the candidate’s availability and may be completed for college credit based on the college’s guidelines. Positions available include working with early childhood, school, summer camp or public conservation programs
- Must be reliable
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages
- Must be able to succeed in a team environment
- Assist Aquarium teachers in teaching classroom and field programs for students of all ages
- Travel with Aquarium teachers to present outreach programs at local schools
- Present public programs within the Aquarium
- Assist with the design and preparation of class materials
- Whenever possible, teach portions of Aquarium classes