Youth mental health has never been more important than now. If you’re looking to make an impact, NAMI Next Gen is the opportunity for you. NAMI Next Gen is an advisory group made up of young adults aged 18-25 with the sole intention of helping youth and young adults across the nation affected by mental health conditions. This role is for January – December 2022.
NAMI believes that there should be “nothing about us, without us,” which is why we are establishing NAMI Next Gen to ensure that NAMI’s work is youth informed. Our goal is to spread awareness, educate, advocate for, and empower youth and young adults.
What to expect from NAMI Next Gen:
- An average of 3-4 hours per week of compensated* time spent on NAMI activities that will ensure our organization speaks to and reaches youth and young adults. Based on each individual’s interests, these may include:
- Advising the direction of NAMI initiatives and research
- Planning and participating in youth-focused events
- Evaluating and informing NAMI content
- Contributing to NAMI’s social media content
- Writing for NAMI publications
- Speaking to the media or representing NAMI through other public speaking opportunities
- Developing leadership skills through mentorship
*Participants will be compensated for their time at a rate of $20/hour for 3-4 hours a week spent on NAMI activities.