Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
NanoString’s Product Development group develops new products for the GeoMx Digital Spatial platform that allow customers to expand their capabilities in spatial biology research. The R&D Intern will have the opportunity to participate in preparing FFPE tissue slides and evaluate various fluorescently labelled visualization markers on NanoString’s GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler. Work will also include immunohistological staining (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH).
- Perform laboratory experiments
- Work cooperatively in a cross-functional team environment
- Clearly communicate results to supervisor and team members verbally and/or in writing
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clarify and reach consensus
- Proactive approach to issues and their resolution
- Pursuing a B.S., M.S. and/or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Experience with general laboratory safety and practices
- Experience with a variety of molecular biology laboratory techniques, especially IHC and/or immunofluorescence
- Experience with tissue sectioning using a microtome and/or cryostat
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.