Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, Delhi, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
The Research Associate will report into our Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development practice.
- Serve as project coordinator for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects;
- Liaise with Nathan’s Corporate Finance Department to track project spending, provide periodic financial forecasts, and review monthly invoices;
- Maintain project databases;
- Maintain project controls and adherence with policies and procedures;
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals;
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events;
- Search consultant database to identify consultants and enter consultant CVs in the consultant database;
- Manage project deliverables and reports;
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories; and
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of one to two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors);
- Spanish or French language skills preferred.