Applications are currently being invited for Fall and Spring 2020-2021 REMOTE Clinical Research Internships with the Center for Biomedical Imaging Neuromodulation (C-BIN) at the Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research in Orangeburg, NY. C-BIN is dedicated to the development, refinement and application of innovative MRI- and EEG-based imaging approaches to characterize brain maturation across the lifespan, with a particular focus on understanding the impact of psychiatric illnesses on maturational processes. C-BIN fosters a collaborative environment where research assistants and interns have the opportunity to gain excellent clinical and research experience.
NKI internships are unpaid; however, we are happy to support efforts to secure funding through scholarships at your university and/or course credits, if applicable. Start date flexible.
Internship experiences may include:
- Assist with the quality assessment, processing and analysis of functional and structural MRI data
- Assist in the identification and implementation of novel algorithms for data analysis
- Assist in the interpretation of findings and preparation of reports
- Identify literature that is relevant to methods and findings
- Working towards a B.A or B.S. with major in Neuroscience, Computer Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, or other related scientific fields.
- Proficiency in one or more computing languages (e.g., Python, R, C/C++)
- Strong interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently when appropriate.
APPLY through Handshake. Send a resume and a statement describing how your experience and career goals are a good match for the internship. Please also include preferred start and end dates, and days and hours per week available for the internship. Applications that do not include requested information are unlikely to receive full consideration.