Under direction from Crew Leaders, Technicians will be assisting in noxious weed removal by means of Chemical application, manually removal, Cut Stump treatments and Injections within the Walker River State Recreation Area.
· Takes assignments and directions from the Crew Leaders
· Ensure proper Chemical Safety and handling
· Understands proper weed identification and chemicals
· Assists in routine maintenance of all equipment is taken care of and inspects such equipment to ensure that the equipment is in good working condition. Assists in minor repairs of tools and equipment. Ensures all such maintenance and repairs are documented.
· Assists in all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is maintained and used properly
· Operation and maintenance of hand and small power tools.
· Job requires some heavy lifting.
Licenses and Certificates:
· Must poses a valid driver license
· High School diploma or GED.
Skills and Abilities:
· Take directions from the crew leaders
· assist in properly maintaining PPE
· maintain effectively working relationships with others
Moderately heavy work involving frequent standing, walking, balancing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling and squatting; pushing, pulling and lifting items weighing up to 70 pounds.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity of services. Essential duties are performed outdoors with exposure to all types of weather conditions. Employee is exposed to airborne particles and extreme temperatures, travel from site to site, work around traffic, public lands and campgrounds.
Free on-site housing may be available for crew members during the duration of the weed spraying season.
Hourly wage will depend on experience ($12-$14/hr)