Are you looking for an opportunity to use your passion for programming and development? Do you want to work on a collaborative team to solve challenging engineering problems?
As a Software Engineering Intern at New Relic, you’ll join our Product organization for a full-time, paid 12-week summer internship beginning in either May or June 2022! You’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills to apply throughout your career. Over the summer, we’ll have the opportunity for you to:
- Attend chats with current employees to learn more about their roles, receive advice, and begin to build your network
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized and flexible mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings and informative feedback
- Connect with the intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our vision to instrument, measure, and improve software
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
What You’ll Do
As part of the engineering team, you may focus on back-end, front-end, DevOps, or Full Stack work. Some of the projects may include:
- Building product components for New Relic’s customers by creating high-throughput backend services and flexible, easy-to-use front-end components
- Participating in daily team processes and learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Working with engineers to build, maintain, and scale services
- Writing and deploying code while using software in new technologies
- Using modern software deployment pipelines
- Ensuring all code meets testing, scalability, and reliability requirements
- Understanding and articulating how your work delivers value to our customers
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Bachelor’s program, and will be a rising senior graduating between December 2022 – June 2023
- A foundation in computer science theory, with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Degree focus in Computer Science or related fields
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, React, Git
- Participation in university clubs Examples – SWE, WiCS, SHPE, NSBE, ACM, Hacker teams, or any others focusing on the professional development of your computer science skills
- Leadership experience in clubs or on projects
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We’re looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement. What’s most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That’s why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.