Division of Administration
Legal Education & Professional Development – Albany
Reference No. LEPD_ALB_PUGS_ FALL_2021
Paid, Part-Time Placement for Undergraduate Students
The Legal Education & Professional Development Bureau (LEPD) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented undergraduate student to assist with all logistics involved with developing, administering and deploying a robust training and professional development curriculum and schedule. This is a part-time, paid position in the Fall of 2021.
LEPD is responsible for providing professional development opportunities and skills training to all OAG employees, including continuing legal education (CLE) programs for OAG and other New York State government attorneys. Reporting to the Albany office, the selected student will assist the training teams located in Albany and New York City with all aspects of administering and executing the training and professional development curriculum and schedule.
Assignments will include but not be limited to the following:
· Design and update training documentation, presentations, and catalogues;
· Research topics to assist in development of training courses;
· Proofread and edit communications and presentations;
· Create and edit updates to the LEPD Intranet page and contribute to projects involving brand development;
· Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook);
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Skill in document layout, graphic design, and organization;
- Comfort in working remotely and using various virtual communication platforms;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; and
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service acumen and professionalism, as well as the ability to work well with employees from all staffing levels.
· As OAG employees continue to return to the workplace, students will begin their fall placements working remotely. OAG Leadership is continuously evaluating the situation, and we hope to provide students with the option of working in-person as soon as possible.
- Applications from students entering their first year of college/university during the fall 2021 semester will not be considered.
- To be eligible for a paid placement, applicants must be able to demonstrate they are full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Students hired for paid fall placements may begin their placements on September 8, 2021 or later.
- Applicants must be available to work 15 hours per week during regular business hours for 10-12 weeks.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant and paid hourly at the undergraduate student rate, which is $13.86.
- Applications will be accepted online and this placement will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- U.S. citizenship and NYS residency are not required, but applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.
How to Apply
The following section provides detailed information about the application process and application requirements. Please review all of the instructions before applying online here: www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
Applications are being received online. Applications are submitted separately for each bureau/regional office, and an applicant’s candidacy for each application is determined separately by each bureau/regional office.
- The following documents are required for each application that is submitted:
(Click on the document name to learn more)
-You may address to Legal Recruitment.
-Indicate why you are interested in a placement with the OAG, why you are the best candidate and your career aspirations.
-Indicate your availability and preferred work schedule.
¨ Current resume
¨ List of three (3) references.
-Only submit professional (i.e., supervisor or professor) references.
-Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
-Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
– An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
-Please provide a piece that best demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities.
¨ Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
- We ask that you allow at least three (3) business weeks for your application to be processed and reviewed by the hiring bureau. After three (3) weeks, if you wish to inquire about the status of your application, please click here.
If you have questions about a student placement with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com.