Position Specific Description
Responsible for developing new and innovative solutions which help NextEra Energy optimize AWS Cloud costs. Analyzes various technical solutions which effectively solve business problems associated with usage and billing of Cloud resources. Determines Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Cloud cost optimization. Researches various possible solutions for data ingestion, analysis, and visualization. Considers in-house, external, and hybrid solutions. Gets buy-in from all stakeholders. Develops AWS Lambda scripts to automate Cloud tasks and helps others adopt more Cloud-native practices such as serverless architecture.
Required Qualifications: High School Graduate/ Working toward bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, Engineering
Preferred qualifications and skills: Programming skills, analytical problem-solving skills, team player, effective written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications that are a plus: Prior experience in AWS/Azure, knowledge of Agile software development, experience with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher