$10,000 Sign-On Bonus and Educational Loan Repayment Available!
*Current employees of any Northern Light Member Organizations or those with service break less than one year are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
*Paid out incrementally with a work commitment*
The purpose of the Physical Therapist position is to evaluate, treat, document and/or facilitate care for patients with impaired functional mobility which limits performance of activities of daily living at an independent level due to injury, developmental delay, physical or mental illness, or disease process. The Physical Therapist helps patients reduce or resolve pain and restore motor skills, balance, coordination, skin integrity, and overall endurance and physical fitness to develop, recover, or maintain daily living and work skills.
• Evaluates patients through a variety of objective tests, standardized assessments, skilled observation, history and interview. Evaluations are documented in accordance with regulatory policies and procedures.
• Synthesizes evaluation results into a comprehensive and age-appropriate plan of care based on patient needs which includes measurable and functional goals and objectives for the Physical Therapy treatment.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary meetings (when applicable) to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual plan of care.
• Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic interventions and treatment to help patient attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her physical abilities.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of equipment utilized to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Recommends and/or provides appropriate preventative measures and adaptive equipment to prevent decline in LTC patients’ function through consultation with nursing staff.
• Monitors and reassesses the effects of Physical Therapy intervention and the need to continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
• Records and submits all patient charges accurately and in a timely manner.
• Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at onset of patient care episode.
• Appropriately delegates tasks to and supervises support personnel in accordance with state regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
• Provides clinical education and supervision for Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant students.
• Prioritizes and schedules work tasks independently following all departmental policies regarding appropriate patient scheduling, referral processes, and productivity.
• Manages inventory of therapeutic equipment and supplies. Projects needs for budget planning.
• Changes and maintains necessary supply of linens, maintains office area and necessary supply of paperwork, cleans and maintains DME, mat tables and rehab equipment.
• Provides consultant and/or therapy services to businesses, schools, and other facilities as contracted with C.A. Dean.
• Provides in-services for support personnel and other staff of C. A. Dean, and community members, as requested.
• Assists Manager Rehab Services and leadership team in developing marketing materials and promoting services in rehab clinics.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.