- PM Shift from 4pm-9:30pm Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.
- PM Weekend shift from 3:30pm – 8:30pm Sat & Sun (option for every weekend or every other weekend)
Location: Seattle, WA
We are seeking a responsible candidate for a unique part-time position in Healthcare Food Services as a Nutrition Assistant at one of our Seattle hospitals! This candidate would be working alongside a highly trained Diet Clerk who works closely with patients to help them achieve good nutrition so they can lead a productive life.
This is an entry level role and does not require specific experience previously in a Nutrition type role. Someone with strong customer service skills and a passion for providing excellent care to patients would do well in this role!
Nutrition Assistant Job Duties:
- Assemble trays according to standards, assuring all items on the ticket or on the tray. Checks that plating guidelines and presentation standards have been followed.
- Delivers meal trays to patient rooms, placing tray on bedside table within reach of the patient.
- Orients patients and visitors to the A la Carte Dining Program using standard procedure.
- Delivers tube feeding formulas to nourishment room and puts away in cabinet or refrigerator as appropriate. Returns all extra or expired tube feedings to kitchen and notify lead / supervisor.
- Wipes down and sanitized cart at end of shift and any time it becomes soiled. Retrieves soiled meal trays from patient rooms if present when entering and placed in soiled utility room on unit.
- Completes assigned cleaning and stocking tasks. Takes and records temperatures of refrigeration units and concentration of sanitizer solution as assigned.
• 1 year + of customer service experience required
• Food service experience (preferred but not required)
• Experience working in assisted living facilities (preferred but not required)