• Under general supervision, with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, track volunteer engagement and
track volunteer recruitment and engagement progress against stewardship program goals.
• Manage volunteer database and prepare correspondence and reports as needed.
• Support recognition opportunities for volunteers and facilitate access to volunteer resources.
• Respond to and create opportunities for volunteer feedback around program offerings.
• Assist in registration and leading volunteers at events as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities
in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule by working weekends and occasional evenings.
2. A valid New York State driver license.
3. Associate degree or higher.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Comfortable with Microsoft office programs, including MS Word, Excel and Access.
6. Experience working with and motivating volunteers.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Demonstrated commitment to public service and the environment.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for
employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates within 90 days
Fees: Hired candidates will be subject to a processing fee of $61.00. Hired candidates who are not currently employed by the
City will be subject to an $88.25 background check fee.
Vaccination Requirement: As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been
granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your
date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
For more information and to apply email resume and cover letter to Tely Renata (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or mail to: Tely Renata, NYC Parks-Arsenal North, 1234 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10029
Parks & City Employees: Include your ERN on your cover letter and resume. All candidates please indicate which
position you are applying for.
POST DATE: 08/20/21 POST UNTIL: FILLED