Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is looking for college graduates and alumni nationwide to start with our company and grow into leadership opportunities. We have over 100+ facilities across the United States and we are expanding our fleet by 28 centers in 2020. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing company in the healthcare industry.
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is a U.S.-based company that collects plasma used to create life-saving medicines for patients around the world. We run more than 80 donation centers in the U.S and employ more than 3,500 people nationally. Our donors are our most valued customers because they make saving and improving lives possible every day.
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is looking for individuals who are pursuing their degree or have obtained their degree to help our company grow. Our company has many paths for promotional growth and we are keen on developing our employees for management level positions.
• Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
• Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness.
• Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
• Set-ups and prepares all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and
• Disconnects donor after plasmapheresis process is completed.
• Maintains proper ratio to ensure donor safety and to quality of product.
• Operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all
alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
• Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
• Monitors donors and maintains awareness to any reactions to ensure donor safety.
• Monitors equipment operations to ensure quality of product.
• Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment and biohazard waste.
• Ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
• Performs calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
• Ensures donor confidentiality, meet customer service expectations, greet and acknowledge
donors as they are assigned to donation area and after completing donation process.
• Maintains thorough familiarity with all State and Federal Regulations, Standard Operating
Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
• Maintains general cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
• Maintains/stocks adequate inventory and replenish supplies on plasma carts.
• Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Senior Phlebotomist and/or Center Management.
• Performs other job related tasks as assigned.