We are looking for motivated individuals to join our fast-growing company as a Sales Development and Event Registration Intern. During this time, the intern will become an integral part of the Corporate Events and Sales Teams by driving event registrations for Okta’s annual customer conference, Oktane.
Significant time will be spent working within the Salesforce.com application, with Okta account executives, and customer success managers to recruit event attendees. This internship will have a measurable impact on Okta’s strategy and customer experience at Oktane.
We’re looking for someone who has proven ability to manage multiple projects at once, will pay attention to the small details (while also thinking creatively), and can help drive results with cross-functional team members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase Oktane registrations by aligning to a sales segment and helping to build and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Evangelize Okta’s product portfolio and the value of attending Oktane
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold calls, and email campaigns
- Provide event registration support through the Drift (chatbot)
- Other projects as needed
- Work within Salesforce to help customers redeem passes to the conference
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Highly motivated, self-starter attitude
- 1-year Marketing or Sales experience preferred (previous internships or part-time work)
- Comfortable talking with prospects and internal/external customers through phone and email, to help build great customer relationships.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with team members while identifying opportunities to contribute value individually
- Experience with Excel, Google Sheets, Salesforce, Outreach, Drift, Tableau, and Atlassian preferred
This internship opportunity can be part-time (minimum 16 hours) or full-time and is anticipated to last through April 2022.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.