The University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking a
In a collaborative, team-based environment, under the direct supervision of the Outreach & Instruction Librarian and the general direction of the Director of Research & Instruction Services, the RIS Associate executes and performs library instruction, public services, and other assigned duties for the Research & Instruction Services Department. Delivers library instruction to general education classes. Consistently provides exemplary customer service working with a variety of patron groups.
• Serves as the liaison to Dual Enrollment students and teachers, including communicating information on access and services and providing tours, and tutorials for students, high school instructors and other groups.
• Provides 20-30 individual in-person and remote library instruction sessions for undergraduate students each semester.
• Conducts library tours for both internal and external groups/programs.
• Participates in assessment of instructional services and technology, which may include student assessment, peer review, and reporting via various feedback mechanisms.
• Participates in the planning, designing, and testing of instructional content in a variety of formats, which may include learning activities, class outlines, videos, quizzes, or LibGuides.
• Conducts outreach at UNO orientations and other events.
• Creates displays and participates in/coordinates other passive outreach efforts
• Staffs a public service desk that includes both research assistance and circulation duties for up to one-half of the total workweek.
• Participates in virtual reference services, such as Ask-a-Librarian and chat reference.
• Assists patrons in library research, including using the catalog, searching databases, and other research activities.
• Prepares informational use materials, such as signs, communication forms, guides, handouts, etc.
· Associate degree or equivalent.
· Two years of library, instruction, or related experience.
· Familiarity with information literacy and instructional technologies.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
· Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and professionalism.
· Strong desire to work in a team environment.
· Demonstrated commitment to the University’s position on diversity in dealing with library patrons, colleagues, and faculty.
Salary Information: $30,000-$35,000/year
Get to know the O: https://www.unomaha.edu/about-uno/advantage.php
Get to know Omaha: https://www.unomaha.edu/about-uno/city-of-omaha.php
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit: https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/13593
Initial screening for minimum qualifications will begin immediately. Detailed review of applications for candidacy will begin on or after 8/31/2021. To ensure full consideration, please apply by the review date.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed in the ad. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, relation, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is an AA/EEO/ADA institution. For questions, accommodations or assistance, please call/contact the ADA/504 Coordinator (phone: 402.554.3523) or the Director of Accessibility Services Center phone: 402.554.2872). UCTEMP20