Food and Beverage Department
The Omega Dining Hall is a large, full-scale, food-production facility. We produce and serve up to 2,500 mostly plant-based meals per day as well as breads and desserts for both the Dining Hall and the Omega Café.
Servers report directly to the Shift-Co on duty. They are responsible for positive guest interactions and the service, presentation, and clean up of the Main Dining Room, Staff Dining Room, and Faculty Dining Room
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. During meal service, be present and attentive to his or her station, general support tasks, and guest needs at all times
2. Tend to routine deep cleaning
3. Work around knives and hot steam; carry hot pans
4. Regularly lift/carry/move heavy items
5. Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
6. Check-in with Shift-Co immediately upon arrival to shift, when returning from break, after completion of each task, and whenever clarification is necessary
7. Integrate Omega’s core values and manager feedback into work performance
8. Be proactive in remaining productive and communicating notable, work-related matters to Shift-Co
9. Maintain professional appearance by tending to regular grooming and following Omega Food & Beverage dress code
10. Attend mandatory meetings
11. Maintain a professional work environment within the communal setting
12. Maintain and respect healthy boundaries with managers, coworkers, guests, and community members while on shift
13. Move with focus and intention through the kitchen and main dining room
14. Prioritize the service experience by maintaining a flexible and realistic work availability
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Timely, reliable, and service oriented individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods regularly
- Ability to navigate a hilly campus in diverse weather conditions
- Compliance with all COVID-19 mandatory campus-wide and departmentally specific requirements including being fully vaccinated by the start of the season.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Inc. (“Omega”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, New York State, and local laws. Omega strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of actual or perceived race; color; creed; age; religion; national origin; citizenship status; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related medical conditions); gender (including gender identity and transgender status); sexual orientation; disability (which includes functional limitations caused by gender dysphoria); marital status; partnership status; familial status; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses; genetic predisposition; veteran’s status; military status; or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All Omega employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, testing, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves of absence, and termination of employment.