Pay Range: $17.50 – $21.60 per hour
Communication about this position may be initiated via email. Please monitor your email to ensure you do not miss any important communication about this role.
This Part Time Teller will work between 20 and 23 hours per week and will work most Saturdays. On your application you’ll be asked to share your availability.
OCCU is looking for Part Time Tellers to join our growing and high performing team. Tellers assist members with financial transactions and actively cross-sell products and services in a professional and competent manner. They provide an enriching member experience through body language, asking individualized questions and providing personalized service. Tellers complete tasks and responsibilities associated with branch transactions such as balancing individual cash drawers, cash dispensers and vault and maintaining accurate records.
OCCU offers additional compensation for bilingual Spanish speaking employees in the Teller position. Those who meet the criteria receive $1.00 per hour paid in addition to their regular wage, and $1.50 per overtime hour paid. To be eligible, an employee must pass a standardized language test, assist Spanish speaking members and be added to a designated call list to assist members.
Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Responsible for exceptional member service including greeting members promptly, using their name and directing the member appropriately. Demonstrate ownership of resolution, a sense of urgency and a professional demeanor.
- Clarify member requests by asking questions to understand the members’ expectations, concerns and needs in order to recommend the appropriate products, services and actions.
- Understand OCCU’s personal and business products and services. Provide members and potential members with accurate and precise information about all Credit Union products and services.
- Seek information to understand member situations, needs and potential benefits. Personalize approach to product or service recommendations in a manner that clearly shows how they would meet the needs and provide benefits to the member.
- Actively contribute to branch and Credit Union goals. Meet or exceed individual service and sales goals, using effective techniques that result in a positive member experience.
- Receive, process and post member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments in an accurate and efficient manner in the branch or on the telephone. Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance cash drawer and daily transactions. Balance vault and cash dispensers, when necessary.
- Stay current on products, procedure and other pertinent changes. Attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform the job.
- Complete work independently in a multi-task environment and as a part of a team.
- Keep track of one’s schedule and attend work and meetings as scheduled and on time.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
Six months of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer