Creation of the manuscript for a “life story/memoir” book, giving an account of Oleg’s life and
the lessons learned. The manuscript will not exceed 45,000 words. The material for the
manuscript will come primarily from any writing that Oleg has completed and any other
documents, memorabilia, and correspondence that Oleg provides. It may also come from
additional research as directed by Oleg.
It will all be written in the first person in Oleg’s “voice.” The primary intended audience
includes people who have experienced adoption/foster care. Possible secondary and tertiary
audiences include veterans and refugees. Those interested in Oleg’s life and career will also find
it informative. At this point, the plan is to pursue publication of the book via a publishing agency.
As an Editor, you will be responsible for the following:
• Project Management
• Consultation, discussion, and coaching with Oleg via email or telephone
• Editing for clarity, spelling, grammar
• Organization of the book in a creative and logical format
• Adding description and detail as needed
• Character development in collaboration with Oleg
• Development of takeaways in collaboration with Oleg
• Helping to identify and avoid possible legal problems, such as libel, invasion of privacy,
• Providing a proposed chapter outline for the book, to be approved by Oleg.
• Editing and proofreading of the existing draft material and forthcoming materials.
• Fashioning a narrative in the first person that reads smoothly, engages the reader, and
maintains a voice and tone that is identifiably Oleg’s.
• Making any revisions that Oleg request to the first draft. It is understood that any
revisions will be returned to you in a timely manner in good faith efforts to meet the
• Copyediting and proofreading of the final manuscript, once Oleg has approved it.
10-20 hours per week.
If interested, please contact Oleg Lougheed via email or phone:
(734) 845 – 2475