Pace Analytical Life Sciences, is a premier Contract Research and Development Organization located in San Diego, CA, providing pharmaceutical development services for small molecules, biologics, oligonucleotide therapeutics, and other biopharmaceutical drug candidates.
We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. This role requires a highly driven and proactive scientist with a passion for drug development, the curiosity and flexibility to work on diverse projects, and the tenacity to tackle complex questions by developing/applying new methods to solve previously intractable problems in drug development in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
The candidate is not required to have all the technical and instrumentation experience listed below. Candidates who have some of the instrumentation experience and knowledge listed below and interested in learning and willing to help out would be preferred.
- Operation of some of a variety of analytical instruments including HPLC, UV, Dissolution Apparatus, CD, CE, DSC, DLS, TGA, XRPD, LC-MS, etc.
- Setup and execution of experiments for the evaluation of solubility, stability, degradation, formulation optimization etc.
- Analysis and interpretation of complex scientific data
- Preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols
- Identify and propose solutions for technical problems
- Carry out other scientific and laboratory duties as required
Required background and experience includes:
- Recent Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field
- At least 2 years of industry or academic laboratory experience preferred
- The ability to read and understand relevant scientific literature, procedures, and protocols.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
Pace Benefits include: Three options for Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401k and 401k employer contribution, vacation, sick, floating holiday, and holiday time off.
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
This role is working first shift day hours Monday through Friday. This role may require coming in early, staying late, or occasional weekend work.