Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As an Order Selector, youll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us.
This position works with large data sets, finding best ways to engineer the data to help create critical KPI metrics and build innovative dashboards.
What you’ll do
- Analyze sales and operations data and extract useful statistics and insights in order to increase efficiency, customer experience, and profitability
- Perform monthly analysis and review to calculate sales commissions based on current incentive programs
- Collect and interpret data, analyze results, and produce ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary and secondary sources and maintain databases
- Work with stakeholders to conduct end to end analyses, from data gathering, to data processing, to modeling, to presentation
- Drive understanding of data systems by working with key stakeholders
What we look for
- Bachelors degree in computer science, business, finance or other technical field or experience leading to competency in data analytics.
- 3+ years experience working in data analytics or related field
- Advanced understanding and experience using Excel/Pivot Tables, Access, SQL, Cognos tables
- Ability to quickly learn and use industry specific ERP Produce Pro
- Strong critical thinker, accurate with superior attention to detail
- Desire and ability to work as part of a collaborative and focused team
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to understand and identify key challenges, and develop solutions using data
- Exhibits good judgment, includes appropriate people in decision making process and asks for help when needed
What you’ll gain
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary – $30+/hour DOE
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Coast Fruit Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program. To ensure that we continue to provide a safe work environment, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work