Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Pediatric Phlebotomist with experience in pediatric blood draws and collect other specimens following protocol.
You will collect biological samples on study participants including, but not limited to, venous and capillary blood samples per study protocols and SOPs and log according to protocol. Review and input data from primary source research records. Under general supervision, you will provide routine laboratory support duties including sample processing, aliquoting, logging and preparation for analysis
This position is scheduled to work Tuesday through Saturday. Some travel is required to satellite locations.
• Provide instruction and guidance to parents and research volunteers.
• Collect biological samples, including venous blood, in a safe and effective way from patients
• Label and record all collection tubes.
• Prepare and file patient charts.
• Aliquot samples according to protocol.
• Prepare materials and lab equipment for upcoming research experiments.
• Clean and maintain lab spaces and equipment.
• Prepare serum and complex buffers
• Other duties as assigned
• High school graduation AND completion of a phlebotomy course
• Phlebotomist Certification
• A minimum of two (2) years of pediatric experience is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact comfortably with diverse groups of people and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively with study participants.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex scientific documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
• Current Washington Driver License
• Active phlebotomy license.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to building a culture that encourages originality, risk-taking, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Please see www.pnri.org for more information.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and Curriculum vitae at: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.