Hockey: Faster Than Ever Exhibit Host
Pacific Science Center, 200 2nd Ave N, Seattle, Washington, United States of America Req #60
At Pacific Science Center, our mission is to ignite curiosity in every child and fuel a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us. Our colleagues are passionate lifelong learners who live our mission every day. Join our collaborative team and come help steward our warm and welcoming community learning environment at PacSci!
Position Title: Hockey: Faster Than Ever Exhibit Host
Department: Admissions & Guest Services
Reports to: Director of Admissions & Guest Service
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Hockey: Faster Than Ever Exhibit Host is responsible for providing excellent service to Pacific Science Center visitors attending this special traveling exhibition. They will enhance the guest experience through positive, meaningful interactions and by contributing to the safety and security of guests and the exhibit.
We are currently seeking staff to start in this position at the beginning of October 2021 through February 2022.
Full-time and Part-time schedules available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an excellent guest experience by warmly greeting visitors
- Learn about exhibit and answer guest questions about content
- Tailor recommendations according to group size, ages, interests, and time
- Proactively respond to individual needs with a positive attitude
- Contribute to overall operational functions by
- Lending support and assistance to the supervisors and managers, informing them of security, first aid, lost person, and lost item situations
- Promptly informing other departments, such as Facilities, Exhibits, and Custodial, of malfunctions, damage, or mess
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Elements of a successful, memorable guest experience
- Personal bias and desire to be an anti-racist employee
- Effective daily operations in a public venue
- Safety and security responses
- Outstanding customer service including awareness and responsiveness to individual needs
- Prioritizing the maintenance of a safe and positive environment
- Engagement with guests of all ages and backgrounds
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Adaptable to changing situations; responsive to time sensitive problem solving
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
- Work under pressure
- Maintain a positive attitude during times of stress
- Properly utilize proper resources when escalating guest issues
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous customer service experience; face-to-face interaction experience preferred
- Must be available at least 1 weekend day regularly
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, will be occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The noise level varies from low to moderate.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Pacific Science Center stands with those who are courageously fighting against hate, racism, and injustice. We recognize that not being racist is not sufficient. We must be actively anti-racist, and we commit to doing so. We prioritize inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in everything we do. Curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and changes that need to happen.