PAR Electric, owned by Quanta Services, safely provides engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Operating Unit Overview.
Multiple opportunities available throughout different time frames – both summer and during the school year. Open to providing school credit for work completed.
We have operating units based across the United States that serve the Electric, Pipeline/ Industrial and Telecommunications industries. We are currently interviewing for internship opportunities in our Hubbard, OR location. We will work to place you in the area of specialty that makes sense to your career aspirations.
ESSENTIAL/NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Under immediate direction and guidance of a Project Manager, the intern may assist in various stages of a project’s lifecycle: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, closing, and servicing of a utility’s construction project. Internship assignments will be in the Electric Power Infrastructure or the Oil and Gas Infrastructure segment and may contain an environmental component.
While duties and responsibilities will vary and will be catered to align with career goals, they may include:
- Work with Project Manager for the review of the cost, schedule, safety, quality, and completion of construction projects
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of construction progress reports, re-projections, files, etc., required for the construction of a project
- Assist with development of project estimates, pricing, and schedules
- Assist in creation and maintenance of schedules, budgets, etc., as needed for support of project
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of cash flows, monthly billing, and assist in preparing and obtaining change orders for assigned projects
- Monitor and report on the health of a project
- Always make safety a top priority
- Work effectively with all divisions of your assigned Operating Unit
- Spend time at job sites to gain hands-on knowledge and additional training in construction and design
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
- Intern may frequently be required to sit, stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms
- Intern may be required to work outdoors under a variety of weather conditions
- Intern may be required to lift and / or move up to 25 pounds
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
Demonstrates the following:
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with common word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management, e-mail software
- Willingness to travel to job sites
- Self-starter with the ability to manage his / her time and resources
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building ability
- Ability to be flexible and maintain a positive attitude
- Determined and trustworthy