Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single racetrack, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red-Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
· Responsible for fostering a fun environment
· Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
· Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
· Works closely with Sous Chef to monitor culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities
· Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem-free.
- Efficient preparation of all food related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
- Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, sauté, pantry and prep when needed.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all state and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non-slip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
- Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate workflow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must acquire all necessary skills to act as Sous Chef within 18 months.
- Write prep list and take inventory.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Ability to cost out recipes
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, must be fluent and literate in English
- College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a progressively more challenging large volume high quality food establishment.