Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single racetrack, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red-Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Ability to perform assigned function within the kitchen such as broiler, sauté, pantry, prep and production when needed.
- Accepts direction during day to day operations to ensure culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities are met.
- Efficient preparation of all food related items based on established recipes and plating procedures for both batch and individual plated with attention to maintaining appropriate volume, quality, cleanliness and attractiveness.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and stem kettles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and stems meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that food is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food and serving plates, adds sauces, and garnishes serving to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (nonslip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Partners with culinary leadership to work as a team to ensure coordinated workflow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with and have exposure to prep list.
- Take inventories.
- Must complete county health department class and attain certification.
- Exhibit knife skills, classic cuts and sharpening.
- Provide stellar customer service to internal and external customers and vendors including participation in and promotion of customer service programs to continuously improve customer service.
- Assist in operation of other food and beverage venues as needed.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris, and litter.
- Meet department uniform, appearance, and grooming requirements.
- Any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business, or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, must be fluent and literate in English
- College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.