Mental Health Practitioners to join our FLOAT Team- External
$1000 hiring bonus
People Incorporated is a provider of behavioral and mental health services in Minnesota with 52 years of community impact. We reach over 12,000 individuals annually through more than 60 programs. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
There’s a shortage of healthcare professionals and we decided to think creatively about how to approach coverage. Our solution – a unique NEW team of FLOAT clinicians we train up and deploy across multiple sites. We are actively hiring for immediate coverage.
The Job: We are seeking Mental Health Practitioners to join our FLOAT Team. You’ll receive your initial 30 day training at one of the Adult Foster Care or Residential Programs. Upon acclimating to your initial site, we will provide the opportunity to cross train at additional programs.
PAY RATE: $23 / hr
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: You decide which shifts you pick up – you can pick up as many as you would like! The minimum requirement is 2 shift per pay period or 4 shifts per month.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS: A majority of our current need is for Evening and Overnight shifts, but there is some opportunity for Day shifts.
Setting: our Adult foster care and residential programs serve clients with low to mid acuity symptoms. Daily check ins are completed with the clients. Clients remain in programming 2-3 years.
Client demographics: In order for a client to qualify for entry, they must complete an intake to ensure they meet the criteria. Clients have a diagnosis of severe and persistent mental illness diagnosis, they are able to take care of their own personal and hygienic cares and have elected to join our voluntary community-based programming.
You’ll gain experience working with clients with complex diagnoses and co-occurring disorders. You’ll collaborate with residents and staff to assist clients with daily tasks and support progress toward individualized visions of wellness.
Main Job Duties:
- Maintaining the therapeutic milieu of the house by conducting rounds and interacting with the clients in the residence.
- Assisting with meal preparations
- Documenting observable behaviors and symptoms
- Working with the team to meet the needs of the clients
- Supporting clients in the milieu
- Admitting new clients and assessing status to determine needs
The Hiring Process:
- You apply, virtually interview, and are hired into the FLOAT POOL and assigned to a group of sites
- You on-board, complete orientation, attend Medication Administration class then report to the site of your designated manager to receive hands on training to get you acclimated to the team and settings
- Training period is PAID
- Once trained up, you are added to the open shift board/SLING to begin picking up shifts within your group of site
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science/related field and completed a practicum
- Has a high school diploma and 4,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to people with: Mental Illness or Traumatic brain injury or developmental disabilities and completes training on mental illness, mental health de-escalation techniques, co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse, and psychotropic medications and side effects
- Master’s Degree in behavioral science/related field
As an essential healthcare provider, People Incorporated follows all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions.
People Incorporated is committed to improving the wellness of our clients, staff, and the communities that we serve by providing a tobacco-free environment.
People Incorporated is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
People Incorporated values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.