People Store is one of the top talent agencies in the Southeast and based in Atlanta, GA. We are a full-service agency, offering representation for film, television, commercial, industrial, print, voice over, live events, influencers, writing, and more. We offer three unique internships (film/television, commercial, and social media), each granting industry experience and knowledge that can be directly applied to positions in the entertainment industry post-grad.
This is a remote internship with the possibility to work in our office, if conditions permit. We work with students who can earn academic credit. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and also include which internship tracks you are interested in. If you are interested in the social media internship, also include links to your portfolio, & the URLs of any social media accounts that you’d like to share with our team.
We value diverse perspectives. Ideal candidates for this project may be Film and Television, Entertainment Media, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Arts Administration, and Theatre majors, or a student with a career interest in Entertainment. Students seeking an acting career will not be considered at this time.
Internships are part-time; the schedule, including final start and end dates and hours/week, are determined by your school’s requirements.
Qualifications for an Internship with People Store:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including over the phone, in person, and over the computer
- Strong organizational skills
- Fast at typing and experienced at working on a computer
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality and able to adapt quickly
- Resourceful: you see a project from idea stage through successful completion
- The ability to work both in an independent and team environment
- Comfort with remote work and access to a reliable internet connection/personal computer, as applicable
- SOCIAL MEDIA ONLY:
- In-depth working knowledge of social landscape. You’re active on your own social accounts and are familiar with the latest trends.
- Familiar with various social media platforms and understands the different ways each is best used. This includes an understanding of platforms like LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Web, graphic design, and/or a social media background is a plus.
The Film and Television internship with People Store allows the intern to learn hands on with the entire film and television department, working directly underneath the agents. The skills learned in this internship can easily be applied to any agency or entertainment business position. Responsibilities and learning would include:
- Watching and evaluating actors’ self-taped auditions and sending them to casting directors
- Sending out and coordinating audition details between casting directors and actors
- Taping actors auditions
- Reviewing bookings for the actors and entering them into the system
- Individual projects unique to each intern and internship
- Experience with inEntertainment and Breakdown Express
- Shadow each agent in the department
- Sit in on new talent and strategy meetings in order to further their learning about how a film and television department at a talent agency works
- Learning about Southeast casting directors and series regular contracts
Interns in the Commercial Department will shadow the everyday responsibilities of a Commercial Agent and get the opportunity of working hands on with actors. Some of these activities include:
- Helping to schedule and coordinate in-person auditions
- Taping auditions
- Working with casting websites
- Experience with inEntertainment
- Learning casting websites such as Breakdown Express and Casting Networks
- Learning how to read and evaluate release forms, commercial contracts, and mitigate commercial conflicts for actors
- Shadow all of the agents in the department
- Will learn the differences and gain industry knowledge with Commercial, Industrial, Hosting, Print, and Voice Over work
- Sit in on new talent and strategy meetings in order to further learning about developing and managing talent through a commercial perspective
- Learning about Southeast commercial casting directors and putting together talent submissions/pitches for independent producers, ad agencies, and Fortune 500 companies
People Store’s Social Media Internship is looking for Social Media Interns who can help grow and cultivate our online community, increase engagement with interactive content, all while maintaining consistency with the company’s overall brand and mission statement. You will work closely with the social media committee on various projects, gaining an overview of our clients and learning the process of social media management for a Talent Agency. You will be exposed to all areas of communications and social media management such as:
- Creating social media content
- Scheduling content on the Later app and ensuring the schedule is followed
- Graphic/media design collaboration or direction
- Writing newsletters and emails
- Creating and uploading content to multiple social media platforms
- Interacting and engaging with audiences to grow online presence
- Assisting with Influencer and Hosting department projects
- Contributing fresh ideas to add to the social media content calendar
- Create positive engagement with our online social presence to foster community growth and communication
- Help monitor comments and direct messages